Thursday, March 17, 2011

March and Leprechauns

It has been a while because I was sick but I am much better now.  Anyway, I love the month of March.  It usually brings the promise of spring with bulbs pocking their head up.  The other thing March brings to mind is birthday parties.  My younger sister's birthday was in March and so we always planned a party.  Her birthday is the day after St. Patrick's Day and so many of them had leprechauns, 4 leaf clovers and that pretty spring green for decorations.  So this year, I decided to design a bookmark for all those great parties.

Thus, the Lucky Irish Leprechaun bookmark was created.
Well of course he has his pot of gold with him.  His hat includes a lucky 4-leaf clover to sew or glue on.
Of course he had to have pointed ears and the red beard.
Here is my favorite Irish saying just for the occasion.

" May those who love us love us.

And those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
...May he turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping."

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone and of course, Happy Birthday to my sister.








No comments:

Post a Comment