Monday, March 28, 2011

A Favorite Fabric Artist Designer


I love Mary Robinson's work.  She is a wonderful thread artist.  She makes many gorgeous tatted bookmarks and doilies.


She has a fabulous website, http://www.peachtreecottage.com/.  The items I absolutely adore for sale that she has made are wonderful jointed, miniature bears and friends.

This little guy is only about 2.25 inches and has tatted flowers
This little guys can be ordered and she will make them in your choice of color combination.

Mary says "Handcrafting has been handed down through my family over the years, from my mother's mother, to my mother, to me, and now on to my daughter. I have been crafting for over 50 years mainly in needle arts (I now create my own designs and patterns). Even with years of hand crafting experience, I continue to research new ideas and concepts as I create each of my bears, other creations, or patterns.

Thread Crochet Bears (and other animals)

I've been making my bears and their friends since 2002. My collectible miniature thread crochet bears and other animal friends are individually handmade using only the best quality yarns, threads and fibers. Most are 4 inches or less in height. My animals are typically 5-way jointed for easy posing and most can stand or sit without support. Special attention is given to every detail as they are being created. A little bit of love is stitched into each one!"

For anyone who would like to try to make these darling miniatures she has patterns for sale.  The one that would be especially great for Easter is this darling lambikin.

I know that if you check out her website http://www.peachtreecottage.com/ you will find your own favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment