Thursday, January 8, 2015

Warm knitting patterns for January

Brrr... It is cold in Kansas this January and it looks like a large part of the world is dealing with frigid temperatures.  So what do I do when it is so cold?  I sit next to our fireplace in a very comfortable chair and knit with Merino wool yarn.  The yarn I am using currently is Merino and silk yarn.  (I like warm and soft wools, hence the choice of Merino)  This way I stay warm and comfortable and provide a warm choice for others looking to stay warm.

Here is a wonderful pattern that I made my husband.  He wanted a fingerless glove so that he could continue to feel the wood he works on in his heated shop.
 
I  made a pair to sell in my Etsy shop using cotton and tencel to add to the ease of washing.  I love the color
Of course, I couldn't forget the women out their who love to make warm fingerless gloves.  I love pine trees and see very few of them in Kansas so I decided to design some in this lace knit pattern.
 
 
I loved this lace pattern so much I just had to design a scarf to go with it.  I used Misti Alpaca lace weight yarn which is quite warm and soft. 

 The pattern also gives directions for making it into a hat/scarf called a scoodie if you wish.


 
Last year, my neice asked my to design a scarf for her using purple as the color.  I came up with lace knit design for people who love the wonderful iris flower.  I used Cascade's Merino and silk DK weight yarn for this pattern
 
If you don't want to knit the pattern your self I have a long scarf already made for you out of this fabulous yarn in my Etsy shop.
I am currently working on a shrug design I hope to have out soon using the same wonderful Cascade Merino and silk yarn.  It is so soft and warm.
 
What do you like to do when the temperatures turn cold to help stay warm?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment