Thursday, November 13, 2014

Babys first christmas ornament

There is so much to be thankful for this month.  On October 30, our new granddaughter, Ayme Elizabeth, was born.
She is so darling and so opposite her older sister, Naomi, who had no hair and is platinum blonde.  (The story of Rose Red and Snow White is what comes to mind.)  I wanted to design a pattern for her older sister when she was born. 
 
This pattern is a more advanced pattern with picture tutorials on how to make the stamens.  I wanted to design something a little simpler for our new grand baby.  Since Christmas is coming up, I thought of a Christmas ornament.  Here is Ayme's new ornament.
 
 
Once I got the pattern figured out, I decided to make one for each of the grandchildren including our grandson, Ethan.
 
This ornament has no glass for young hands to break.  The backside has a perfect spot to transfer name and date of birth onto. I will be transferring the information onto a piece of cotton material and then sewing the material onto the back.

 
The pattern is back from my pattern testers and has been checked for errors.  It is a fast and fun Christmas crochet pattern to make.  You can find the pattern here in my etsy shop. Here is the pattern in my Ravelry and Craftsy shops. 
 
Not only would this ornament be great on a Christmas tree but when the season is over, it would make a wonderful wall ornament for the nursery.
I hope everyone has a fun and wonderful holiday with lots and lots of blessings from the Lord.






No comments:

Post a Comment