Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Nativities

Christmas Nativities are a big thing in my house.  What started out as a teaching tool for my children to teach them what our household believes Christmas is about, has become an obsession.  I have made many, many sets including some that don't get put out because they have been loved to death.  I thought I would share some of them here. 


I found this set in a series of magazines several years back and being a crocheter, I had to make it.


I bought this set from a local ceramic artist.  I just loved the simplicity of it.  Joseph is about 8 inches tall.  The pine cones are actually huge so I just had to put glitter on them.

 I love this set that I made years ago.  Joseph is only about 3 1/2 inches tall it is my smallest set.  My daughter in her youth made the counted cross stitch embroidery above it.


This is my newest set.  It is made with pom-pom balls, felt and different embellishments.  I love how it came out.

My main problem with all these nativities is I am running out of surfaces to put them on.  I would love to design a set one of these years but I need an idea that hasn't already been done.  There are so many wonderful patterns out there it is really hard to come up with something new.  The reality is it is a really old story that showed men just how much God loves each of us.

Do you have a favorite Nativity set that you set up at Christmas time?  



2 comments:

  1. Your nativity sets are beautiful, Lois, and a wonderful reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. I know when you design one of your own it is going to be glorious!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Love,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann. Merry Christmas to you and all your family, also.

    ReplyDelete