Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Season

With all the activity in the past month is has been a while since I have posted.  The Thanksgiving holiday was wonderful and my husband had a week off of work.  I love having him home.  I have so much to be thankful for as God has been so good to us.

My favorite holiday is Christmas.  I love the lights and carols and colors.  (Red is my favorite color and I will go into stores and just be mesmerized by all the shades of red.)  I love the reason for the holiday which is the birth of a little Jewish baby boy in Bethlehem.  What an amazing God that would allow His son to be born in such a broken world.

This year I decided to make Victorian Carolers for ornaments on the tree.  My first was the female caroler which took some research on how their clothing looked. I love the muff and the little cape.  She even works as a bookmark

With all the research I naturally came across men's outfits and of course, I had to try my hand at this outfit also.  I love the top hat of the era so I knew I wanted to include this in my ornaments (or bookmark).
Now I was on a role.  I had to try designing a scene with snow and a period lamp post to read the music by.  The lamp post itself made a fun ornament (or bookmark).  This was a much bigger project but I really love how it came out.

Now my house is ready for the Christmas season.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment